The InterNetWorks Research Group is one of the leading research groups in the Universiti Utara Malaysia. Currently this group is led by Dr. Adib Habbal (adib[at]uum.edu.my). The goals of the InterNetWorks research group are:
- Pursue long term and short term research programs on the Internet architecture and related networking issues,
- Organize and participate actively in research symposium, conferences and workshop disseminating knowledge.
- Participate actively in the standardization communities to enhance the reach of technologies to wider audience.
- Act as a link between the research community and commercial organizations for the mutual benefits of both sectors.
- Next Generation Internet
- Internet Security and Trust Management
- Real-time Multimedia Technologies
- Network Performance and Management
- Softwires and Pseudowires Technologies
- IP Mobility and Wireless Technologies
- Socio-Economic Internet Technologies for Communities
InterNetWorks Research Laboratory started in 2003 under the School of Information Technology, Universiti Utara Malaysia. This group is motivating research about network applications, services and protocols to meet the future academic and information technology industry demands of Malaysia and world networking industry.
InterNetWorks Research Group organized NetApp conference for network applications, services and protocols held after every two years to promote researchers from all over the world. This conference gives an opportunity to researchers from all over the world to present their research papers and discuss about future networking goals. Numbers of Researchers are promoted from different research groups are working under networking domain.
Our research team is working in different research domain under InterNetworks Research Laboratory. We are focusing on multiple research areas under networking applications, services and protocols. Currently our research is progressing in multiple areas but we are promoting future internet research.
Please visit http://www.internetworks.my for more information.