The Malaysian Railway or Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) services major towns in Kedah and Perlis. There are daily train services from Kuala Lumpur to Alor Setar and Arau. From Alor Setar or Arau railway station, you can take a cab to UUM campus. For train schedules, please visit Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad website.
Sultan Abdul Halim Airport is located approximately 11 kilometres north of Alor Setar and 40 kilometres south of UUM campus in Sintok. Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia fly daily between Alor Setar and Kuala Lumpur. From the airport, you can take a cab or bus to UUM campus. For flight schedules, please visit Malaysia Airlines or Air Asia websites.
The North-South Expressway (PLUS) has made it easy for any traveler to drive to UUM campus. This highway is accessible from major towns and cities in the Peninsula. It is a 7-8 hour drive from Kuala Lumpur.
From Alor Setar/Jitra or from the nearest town Changlun, you can even take a cab or the local bus, HBR Liner / Kenderaan Bas Mara that goes straight into the UUM campus in Sintok.
From major towns, such as Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru, air-conditioned express buses are also available.
Some of express bus operators that provide transport from major towns in Malaysia to UUM Sintok or Changlun are:
- Suasana Jelita Sdn. Bhd. (From Kuala Lumpur/Johor Bahru to Changlun/UUM Sintok)
- Maraliner Ekspres (From Kuala Lumpur to UUM Sintok/Changlun)
- Transnasional Ekspres (From Kuala Lumpur/Malacca/Seremban/Kota Bharu to Changlun)
- AB Ekspres (From Kuala Lumpur/Kajang/Putrajaya/Shah Alam/Klang to Changlun)
- Cepat Ekspres (From Segamat/Malacca to Changlun)
- Durian Burung Ekspres (From Kuala Lumpur/Johor Bahru/Malacca/Seremban/Kuantan/Temerloh to Changlun)
- Konsortium Bas Ekspres Semenanjung (From Kuala Lumpur/Johor Bahru/Kota Bharu to Changlun)
- Utama Ekspres (From Kuantan/Temerloh to Changlun)
- Ekspres Mutiara (From Kota Bharu to Changlun)
- SP Bumi Ekspres (From Kuala Terengganu to Changlun)
- Pancaran Matahari (Kuala Lumpur to UUM Sintok)
- Shamisha Express (Kota Bharu to Changlun)